WOO-HOO and thanks

Hi Dr. Bob, I just wanted you to know that I have been asking you and your colleagues questions like crazy for the past month or so, and even when you didn't answer I still received an extreme amount of help from you and this site. I loved hearing Woo Hoo stories because I would compare all of their symptoms to mine and reassure myself that I would also have a Woo Hoo story to tell. I think it is what got me through the 3 months. Well here is my story. I had unprotected sex 4 and a half months ago. After this happened I felt like I was going to die. Immediately I felt all sorts of symptoms. 4 days after it happened I went to get tested for anything that I may have caught form the exposure. I tested for Gonnereha, Chlymidia, Syphlis, Hep. B, Urinary Tract Infections, and HIV. All came out negative. My doctor told me nothing was wrong with me, she said the increased urination and sensative testicles were all in my head, but she would send me to an Imaging Center to have a sonogram "just in case." I went and everything was normal. For a while I was fine and tried to live a normal life. Then I kept thinking that my testicles were swollen and my penis felt different. So I went back to the doctor and she said that everything was normal, but she would send me to a urologist "just in case." I went and he said everything was normal. So again I went back to trying to live a normal life. After a while I started to feel flu-like symptoms. I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep, I had chills, I would always have pain in my rib-cage area, I thought I was losing hair, I thought I had gum-disease, I had trouble with my vision, I would sometimes have weird irritation feelings in my penis, I would always feel like I had a fever, muscle pains, and extreme anxiety. I went back at two months to test for syphlis because I was sure something had to be wrong with me. I again tested negative. So I went back the same day I received my negative results for Syphlis to test for HIV once again because I was SURE something was wrong. Again I got a HIV negative result. I couldn't understand it but had to accpet it. So again I went on trying to live a normal life promising myself to ignore it. Until I read somewhere that it took 3 months to devolop antibodies in the system, which was the "WINDOW PERIOD," I freaked and lived with extreme anxiety experiencing all the symptoms above worse than ever before. I then retested at 3 months and was sure I was going to get a positive result this time. I even told my doctor this and she told me that she will bet against me. I took the bet and....... I LOST. To be honest losing that bet was the greatest thing to has happened me to date. Finally I could stop worrying about this dreadful disease which I didn't have and go on with my life. WRONG!!! I was in lecture for one of my classes and discovered a swollen lymph node in my neck. I quickly ran out of class and into the bathroom to inspect it only to find another one on my other side. I was scared to death now. I never had a swollen lymph node in my life. I ran to the doctor and she said it was nothing and that it could be a cold or a sore throat. I left taking her advice, but driving home I was thinking to myself I don't have a cold or a sore throat, as a matter of fact I feel fine. Even so I tried to ignore it. THEN...I went to take a shower and saw one in the groin area. I hopped right out of the shower and drove right back to the doctors office and demanded an HIV test. She gave me one if I promised her one thing. I asked her what and she said this "I will only give you this test if you promise me to not come back until Jaunary to take your 6 month test, which will be negative and thats it." I quickly agreed. As long as I tested now with all the symptoms I wouldn't need to test agian after this + result. I got the call 2 days later and she said....NEGATIVE. Which brings me to these points...

1. I love life and will never gamble with it again.

2. I quit drinking and smoking Marijuana, my body is a temple and I will worship it.

3. I have no idea how the human body works and now know that going against the word of 4 doctors not including the doctors on this site is stupid and I should have listened.

4. I still have a swollen lymph node in my neck, but am listening to the doctors and I believe it will go away.

5. Something that I didn't mention in the story is that I had an amazing girlfreind at the time that all this happened. I loved her so much and I would never do anything to hurt her. Except when I can't control myself due to drugs. I told her what happened very quickly. I thought about not telling her but I would never take the chance of putting her at risk. She took it VERY hard, but respected me for telling her and she stayed with me. I know I will marry her and I will never make another mistake again. I promised her never to touch alchohol again...I haven't since!!

6. I have read many stories on this site where the root of their stories begin with I was really drunk and high...my advice to you is this...Don't let your mind get so messed up with these substances to allow your body to make these stupid LIFE THREATENING MISTAKES. Either quit them or learn to manage them. If something does happen condoms, used correctly, put people at almost NO RISK..use them.

Sorry for the length Dr. Bob but these stories helped me and I would love to do everything I can to help. You will soon receive a donation from me and I hope someday we will devolop a vaccine for this dreadful disease and rid the world of it. I appreciate people like YOU DR. BOB who are in the fight to cure it. I have the utmost respect for you and and I very much admire you in the strength that you show in your fight aganst the disease. I will pray for yours and everyone elses continued success in the battle.

I hope everyone who reads this can find strength to move on with their lives.. - or +. Thank you and GOD BLESS!

Thanks for sharing your story. I'm glad you have finally accepted the wonderful news of your HIV-negative status. If you hadn't, your doctor may have had to issue a restraining order on you! Stay safe. Stay well. Thank you for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

HIV, handjob, and small skin cracks
Happy TG