Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

how long can symptoms last?
Nov 23, 2005

Hi Bob, I really appreciate all the great work you do for everyone here at the site, especially all of us worried wells,so here goes. I have been experiencing pain in the groin area, from pain in the testicles up into my lower abdomen, and pain in the neck,and behind the ears, in what seems to be the lymph nodes. This has been going on for almost three weeks and started just about 3-4 weeks after an episode with prostitute (vaginal sex)protected, but condom covered only 2/3 of penis. I know you can't diagnose based on symptoms but PLEASE tell me how long do symptoms last and secondly do they sound like symptoms associated with ARS. Never had a fever or sore throat or rash but I am petrified. My wife has been experiencing a dry cough for two weeks and seems to be tired alot. PLEASE ANSWER ME BOB. I am counting on you. Thanks and a donation is forthcoming.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

The condom "covered only 2/3 of penis???" Hmmm . . . if a properly applied condom easily stretches to say 10 or 12 inches and yours only covered two-thirds, that would make your schlong over 15 inches! Wow! As Inga says in "Young Frankenstein," you must have "a giant schwanstucker!!!"

Generally speaking, protected sex is indeed "protected" if the latex condom is properly used and does not fail. Perhaps yours was correctly applied or perhaps your King Kong Dong was just too, too much for your rubber raincoat. Either way, it appears the condom did not "fail" and the business end of your one-eyed monster was covered. Consequently, I believe your HIV risk is minimal at best. Your symptoms are not worrisome for HIV ARS.

My advice:

1. Get HIV tested at the three-month mark.

2. Level with your wife. It's not only the best way to confront your guilt; it's also the right thing to do.

3. Try Trojan Magnum Larger Size Condoms. They are designed for penises that are really as big as most chat room profiles claim them to be.

Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Good luck, although, in reality, I doubt you'll need it.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Blue Cross doesnt cover HIV
Next
Can herbs delay anti-body's?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.