3rd time writing....worry adding to pre exam stress

hi doc,

i've written before; but this was several weeks ago and i wanted to give it another try as symptoms have changed. we're about to go into grad school exams and this is stressing me out and making it hard to study. twenty-five days ago i was having protected [condom] sex with a new partner [im male, she's female], she was riding on top, and we decided to switch positions. as she tumbled off to the side, imagine my surprise that the condom was gone! i started to freak out, because this is a woman i had recently met; didn't know much about her. i've always felt that there is a distinct difference in the feel between sex w/ a condom and w/out; and at no point while she was riding did i feel like the condom slid off. i know it didn't break because she found it inside of her. in my gut, i feel like it HAD to have slipped off somehow when she was dismounting. as i recall, my penis seemed dry, and, as i mentioned we were changing positions; i hadn't cum yet. anyhow, ive been on the lookout for ARS symptoms since, and have been constantly worried as it is also late november and regular colds/flu are abouts. several days ago, the night of the 22 day after the episode, i came down with a very scratchy throat, which lasted through the night and peaked the next day. i also had a headache. it didn't hurt to swollow but scratchy nonetheless. the next day, the 24th, that mainly cleared up but then i started having a runny nose, yet no sneezing and no real congestion. today, the 25th day, the runny nose has progressed to the point where i'm blowing it often, and my throat feels a bit scratchy and uncomfortable with a sporadic flegmy couch. i should also mention that my ears are congested, and have been for the past two weeks. i had attribute this to allergies. i have not had a fever @ any point [that i could detect]. nor chills/aches. i don't feel "bad", like tired stay at home in bed bad. i don't have any lympth swelling...noticably large, anyhow. normally, i think i would attribute my symptoms to a "cold" but in light of my slipperoo, it has me very worried. i guess my two questions are; (1) assuming that the condom slipped while i was leaving her, no ejaculation, etc. do you think that i have placed myself in great risk? (2) do my symptoms sound consistent with ARS? /// i'd really appreciate your advice, either way, because you seem to be the best at analyzing these sorts of things. i'm going to get tested, no doubt, when the 3 month mark comes because i know that this will naw at me until then. but what do you say bob, make this third questioning attempt a third time charm!!!

thanx for helping so many of us wallowing in worry. a $50 is in the mail.

- restless in DC

Hello Restless in D.C.,

Regarding your slipperoo, I'll proceed directly to your questions:

1. Great risk? No. But "some" risk? Yes. If there is a chance you were inside your partner unprotected during the slipperoo, then there would be some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. Although from what you describe, this exposure would have been very brief.

2. No, your symptoms are not worrisome for ARS.

I agree with your decision to get tested at three months, and will send you my best good- luck karma that your test confirms what I strongly suspect: that you are HIV negative.

Thank you for your donation!

Tested Negative after exposure to HIV am I okay?
Another WOOHOO!