Gonorrhea and/or HIV?

Hello Dr. Bob,

I am a male who recently performed oral sex on a girl for several minutes followed by a long penus/vaginal session that was unprotected. I do not know if there was bleeding from her or if she had any sores because it was dark and there was a tremendous amount of alcohol present. I know.... very very stupid. I was tested for everything several months back and I was clean. Since then, she is the first person I have been with since my ex and I broke. She is a friend but I have only known her for a couple of months. She is bi-sexual and had a girlfriend back east. She had a boyfriend but they recently broke. He is a tattoo artist who seems very healthy and his studio is very clean. She is beautiful and looks as healthy as a horse but here are the symptoms.

The next day I had a sore throat. Pretty sore but I never bothered to look at my throat. It went away but came back several days later. It moved from one side to the other as well. During this time, a wonderful girl that I have met developed a bad sore throat with what appeared to be tonsil stones. Her doctor prescribed penicillin and the sore throat is gone. We have used condoms during intercourse every time. I think she is ok from everything I have read in the archives. I got worse. Over the last month, I have been having symptoms similar to ARC. My body was itching all over about 2 weeks after the unprotected sex. I never saw anything like a rash, just tremendous itching. The sore throat was not as bad as the first, but it felt like my lymph nodes on the left side where the sore throat was seemed swollen, and a little on the right. Nothing major and no swelling that I could visibly see with my eyes but pain and itching eventually went away (appx 1-2 weeks) during this time, I could also feel a burning in my left ear and it sometimes itched. A slight feeling in the right but it went away. This has minimized as well. Whatever was ailing me seems to have moved down into my left collarbone area. It is a tingly feeling that I could not explain until I finally went to a friend who is a doctor and did a little over a year at an STD/AIDS clinic in LA a few years ago. He felt my lymph nodes in the neck /underarms / groin area... he said there was only a slight swelling in the left nodes of my neck but very slight. Nothing else was swollen. He also said that my left ear was infected but my body had almost fought it off as well as a slight infection in the throat. I have experienced minor joint pain that comes and goes as well as a suspected fever on occasion. Sticky/watery eyes on occasion for about a week however very minimal now if at all and diarrhea one day and just once and soft stool for a few days after but nothing that has made me take a day off. My teeth have also seemed a bit sore (on the left side) but this has also lessened. His prognosis... possibly oral Gonorrhea that my body is fighting very well. The tingling near my collarbone is a result of the infection in my mouth/ear and where it has flowed/drained to and when he applied pressure there, it was definitely sensitive and soar. He thinks that the possibility of HIV transmission is very minute but I mentioned that if the person I had unprotected sex with had an STD, I would be more susceptible to infection. He said that a test is warranted because of the possibility for any STDs but my chances of HIV are still very minimal giving my symptoms which are not bi-lateral. ??? I honestly can't remember how swollen my neck felt and whether it was on both sides. My left underarm itches on occasion but maybe that's because I am paying more attention. He said the nodes were not swollen and my itching was on the lower part of my underarm and not the upper part where the lymph nodes are... so

This is very long and I am sorry. I just have been feeling really weird and at this point, I would be happy if it's just Gonorrhea. Yes... that sounds strange but true. Also, I have had no burning sensation when I urinate... yet. I thought Gonorrhea would be present in my urinary tract by now?

and many thanks Dr. Bob. Regardless of whether you answer my question, I still hope you get to read this. I would have taken time off to see a counselor if I had not found your site. Your posts and knowledge are amazing. Kudos... and keep up the good work. A donation is well deserved and forthcoming. Yes... I will be getting tested at the 8 week mark... and 12. Thanks again Doctor

your fan a grateful and open-minded Republican :)

Hello Grateful and Open-Minded Republican,

Wow, an "open-minded Republican???" Hmmm . . . aren't you guys on the endangered species' list? There certainly can't be more than a handful of you in existence, right?

Now regarding the "oral sex followed by a long penus/vaginal session that was unprotected," I'm sure our readers will want to know just how long your penus really is (in real inches, not Internet chat room inches).

O.K., never mind. Let me cut to the chase here. Unprotected sex places you at risk for STDs, including HIV and/or gonorrhea. Consequently, you need to be screened. You can have your STD screening done now, but wait until the three-month mark for your HIV tests. HIV-antibody tests done prior to three months are not considered definitive. Finally, your symptoms are not suggestive of or worrisome for HIV. And I should remind everyone that symptoms, no matter what they are, do not equal HIV disease!

Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org). I'll send my best good-luck karma back to you in hopes your HIV test is negative!

Good luck!

Im completely in aw of this site
Sacred to death from insertion of a used sex toy