Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Im completely in aw of this site
Nov 21, 2005

Hi Dr Bob,

Im from South Africa and had a recent very low risk encounter with a sex worker (Insertive oral,no visible cuts, minor neck pains after 3 weeks ect ect you know the story blah blah blah).I came across this site and was completely blown away about the way this site (Your encouraging comments) is making a HUGE difference in the lives of people across the globe. HIV is for many (And me) an absolute death sentence, but I feel much more at ease after reading through the archives extensively. I really want to congratulate you on your efforts and tell you that God has a special place for people like you.

Its been a month for me after the incident,but Im thinking less and less about it. Im sure my test will be negative in approx 8 weeks,if not, I'll sure make medical history for being the first guy to test positive for HIV after one (In his life) incident of insertive oral.

Well done and keep it up. Our Rand is strenghtening against your dollar so I can afford a decent donation this month.

Not so boring Accountant

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Not So Boring Accountant,

Yes, I have heard the "low risk encounter with a sex worker blah, blah, blah" story quite a number of times. Thanks for saving me the "blow by blow" (so to speak).

In general, I don't find accountants to be boring -- aging rightwing Republicans, yes, but accountants, no. However, considering you've only had "one incident of insertive oral" in your life, I may have to reconsider.

Good luck on your upcoming test. I'm quite confident it will be much more "WOO-HOO" than "Shock and Awe."

Thanks for your donation. We'll use it for our AIDS in Africa programs!

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Hope in Norway!!!....?
Next
Gonorrhea and/or HIV?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.