Does most health insurance cover HIV treatment?

Hey Dr. Bob, I am going in for my HIV test tomorrow and I'm trying to prepare myself for the worst. I engaged in about the riskiest behavior out there and I've had some symptoms of being poz, so I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I am and I'm now dedicated to finding out and addressing the problem. Of course I am extremely frightened about the consequences for my health and livelihood, but I'm also concerned about the costs of HIV treatment (HAART or otherwise). Are these treatments covered by traditional health insurance like Blue Cross Blue Shield? Somehow I have a feeling they're not. If they're not, approximately what are the annual treatment costs if the virus is detected early? I know I'm getting ahead of myself by worrying about this stuff before I get the results, but like I said, considering my behavior, it will truly be a miracle if I'm not poz. Thanks so much for your help, and congratulations on your truly awesome work here on this site, I know you have touched countless lives with your advice and optimism. Jojo

Yep, you're getting ahead of yourself! And just for the record, yes, HIV/AIDS is indeed covered by traditional health insurance plans, including Blue Cross/Blue Shield.

Good luck on your test. I'm here if you need me, O.K.?

second time writing, PLEASE respond to a worried Dem!
Woo Hoo!!!