second time writing, PLEASE respond to a worried Dem!

Dr. Bob,

This is my second time writing you and I really hope to receive a reply this time. Around a month ago, I was involved in a one night stand with a woman of unknown status. The sex for the most part was protected, however there was a period of four or five seconds in which it was unprotected (which was a result of me being drunk and not thinking). There was also oral involved, both giving and receiving. The next day I woke up and couldn't believe what I had done. Around two weeks following the incident I started having tension-type headaches for about four days straight and feeling fatigue. I went and got tested on the 19th day following the event. I know that is early but I thought maybe it would at least help calm my anxiety. It came back negative. My doctor placed me on Zoloft and Klonopins for the anxiety issues that I have been having regarding this. I have had problems with anxiety in the past and don't know if the headaches and fatigue that I experienced were ARS related or anxiety related. I'm certainly hoping it was the latter!! I seem to have stopped having these symptoms since going on Zoloft and I tend to be taking the Klonopins pretty regularly when I feel the occasional anxiety attack coming on. Anyways, i'm really worried and can't stand to think that I will have to wait two more months before knowing if i'm okay or not. Maybe if I just hear a response directly from you it will help calm my nerves some. I will be sending a generous contribution to your foundation and hopefully a WOO-HOO upon confirmation of a negative test. Thank you so much for your time, and lets go Democrats in 2006 and 2008!! It is time to take our country back from the destructive hands of the radical right!

Hello Worried Dem,

Your overall HIV risk is low five seconds of unprotected insertive vaginal (I presume), unprotected cunnilingus and fellatio with a woman of unknown serostatus. I can't say that your risk is nonexistent, but it certainly is low at best. Your symptoms are most likely due to your anxiety problems. A three-month test will give you a definitive result. Remember the odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not acquire HIV from this episode.

Thanks for your willingness to help others in desperate need. I'll send you my very best good-luck karma in return, O.K.?

I'll be waiting for that WOO-HOO and I'm quite confident it will arrive right on schedule. I'm also very much looking forward to both 2006 and 2008!

Does Oral Sex Cause Cancer?
Does most health insurance cover HIV treatment?