All the symptoms in the book

Hi Robert,

Hope I can call you that. I just wanted to let everyone know that symptoms don't mean disease. I was soooo wrong. My story, hope this helps some people who are worried to get a HIV test. I went to the clinic for a route check up. I'm getting married early next year and wanted to make sure everything was ok. Well I got there and everything was fine up until the doctor said that I had put myself at risk. Well that was the beginning of a month of hell.

The next couple of days I started to believe that I was infected with the HIV virus and what that would do to my life.I started to get as much information about HIV and what signs to look for. The first thing I realized was I had flu about 3 months after the unprotected sex. I know that was quite a long time but I still got it into my head that I was HIV. Then a couple of days later I started getting symptoms that I thought were HIV related.Everything I was reading I taking in and everytime I read a new symptom I would get that symptom a couple of days later or week

1. Night sweats that lasted 2 weeks. 2. Swollen, bleeding gums, Hopefully they will now start to recover. 3. Swollen Lymph glands in my armpit which I have never had even when I have been ill. 4. Diarrhoea 5. Nausea for about 2 weeks 6. Headaches 7. Sore thoat 8. Very dry burning skin only on my face. 9. Allegic reactions on my body.

As you can see I had most of symptoms in the book. I was sure that I had it.

I got my results today and they were clear. My parents have been great support over the past 3 weeks. At first I was not going to go back as I was soo scared but my mum made me go and I'm glad she did. When the doctor told me I cried so much. I could not believe that I wasn't.

Over the last month I have learned more about HIV and what it does to people and why women need to especially be careful. I was lucky this time. I have educated myself over this month to understand and realise that HIV takes no prisoners and to understand what people with HIV must go thorough. It's unfair!!!

I wish and I pray that a vaccine will happen soon. Thank you to this site for being around to educate me on the HIV virus.

So for anyone out there who may think they are infected because of symptoms don't be to sure about it. The mind is an amazing thing and can make you believe anything. Get a test if your worried. Do not try to self diagnose yourself because it could be in your head. When they say the only way to know is get a test they are right. Believe me I know.

I hope this hasn't been too long.

I hope you keep well and healthy Robert.

R xxx

Hello R,

You just wanted to let everyone know that "symptoms don't mean disease!" Gee . . . I wonder where I've heard that before?????

Congratulations on your negative test and on getting informed about HIV. Now please pass on what you've learned to everyone you meet friends, family, neighbors, Sunday school teachers, your favorite Starbucks guy, the Mormon missionary boys who show up at the front door . . . yeah, especially those Mormon missionary boys and Sunday school teachers as they often seem to be deficient when it comes to sex-education facts .

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Stay safe. Stay informed. Stay well.

Am I Eligible to Enter EX worried wells Group?
should i take a HIV test?