Not a question...for Dr. Bob

I wrote to you last week (I don't hold a grudge) and never got a response but wanted to share some thoughts with you.

I was a "massage only" person. Meaning no oral, no sex, just a hand release. OKAY, how much safer can you get unless you do it yourself? You can imagine my fear and horror when I looked and saw some lips around my penis giving me oral that I had not intended on ever receiving. This happened on two different ocassions a few years back. That's when I first found this site and my fears were mostly calmed.

BUT, as time marched on, my fears would re-surface. I would read posts but became very anxious and irrational in my logic. All the following "what if's" passed through my simple brain......What if Dr. Bob is wrong? What if the CDC is hiding something? What if I am the first to prove out a "theoretical risk"? What if President Bush is behind this and it is all lies....then I convinced myself that Bush would never lie!

Through my anguish, while waiting for my appointment for a rapid oral test, I kept referring back to read, reread, and rereread some of your answers for some sort of peace of mind. The words I liked to read were "very low risk". The words "practically zero", "astronomicaly small", and "almost negligible chance" are even better to read. They gave me peace of mind in all my turmoil.

I tested negative as you would have expected. But I had a few more "what if's". What if I didn't swab my gums correctly and what if the test is mistaken. That was a few days ago and now I am calm most of the time. My lunacy, fear, and "what if's" are slowly going away. I know I will be fine shortly. Now I can have relations with my wife with no worry or fear.

Dr. Bob, my humble advice to anyone who suffered as long as I did is to get tested and get it over with. Then you can move on with your life and really, really know where you stand.

Dr. Bob, I do owe you an apology for doubting you. And, as I stated early on, I don't hold a grudge for you not posting my first question. A donation will be sent shortly. Keep up the great work!

Thanks (and YOU be well), Grateful

Hello Grateful,

". . . then I convinced myself Bush would never lie!"???????

Hmmmm . . . . You are aware that 66% of Americans think he's doing a poor job handling the war in Iraq and did indeed lie! Apparently the remaining 34% believe Adam and Eve rode dinosaurs to church, but that's another story.

I'm delighted you have conquered your irrational fears.

Stay well.

Thanks Dr. Frascino
Positive People and STDs