My mom says why I continue to visit your forum when you keep on giving me a miss!!!Please, Doctor Robert, be compassionate with me!!!

Hi Doc, Are you real???Inma calling doctor Bob, Inma calling Doctor Bob,is there anyone in there?;)) I'm sorry to be so tedious inquiring for an answer, I feel you are ignoring me and abandoning me to my luck, I feel sad about that and also lonely . I really appreciate you and I don't understand why you don't post a reply. I'm the pianist with so many strange symptons since august 2004 and no apparent medical cause for them.I tell you truly, I've been living hell!!!, and I'm also worried about having sex with my boyfriend. Chickenpox(august 2004, with lymphopenia in the first analysis(14%)of an also low number for leukocytes:3670 , all the rest blood analysis til today, normal, around 30-40%of around 5000-6000 total white blood-cells) was the trigger. And I lost weigth(around 18.35 pounds) nigth sweat(during for six months), and weakness(also some months)Today all these symptoms have vanished. But I still have symptoms: fever(ligth),swollen lymph nodes around the neck area and a tendency to get colds. I have three negative elisas and one negative pcr(it reads negative, less than 200 copies per ml). My unprotected sex relation happened somewhat eigth years ago, it's too much of a coincidence, I think. Anyway, I would like to know if I should still be worried about hiv, should I go on searching what virus I have, or stay quiet for a while. I'm starting to get tired of all this health problem, nobody helping me out. But, What could be the reasons for all those strange symptoms???Please, answer me, I need to know there are still good compassionate doctors left in this world.I haven't received very good energy from the doctors I've seen, they were quite rude to me and had no consideration for people as human beings.Thanks in advance. Inma.

Hello Inma,

I have not responded specifically to your many posts because I have answered so many similar questions in the past. Have a read through the archives and you'll soon see what I mean.

I cannot diagnose your (or anyone else's) specific problem over the Internet. However, this is what I can tell you: HIV is not your problem! Your "unprotected sex relation" was eight years ago. It is true that unprotected sex place you at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. However, you have subsequently had three negative ELISAs and a negative PCR. These tests are definitive and conclusive. You are HIV negative! HIV is not and cannot be the cause of your symptoms. Period! So, should you still be worried about HIV? No, absolutely not!

I do not see "too much of a coincidence" in your story whatsoever. What I do see is irrational fear and unwarranted worries about HIV.

So what should you do?

1. Stop testing for HIV. Stop chasing a diagnosis you do not have!

2. If you've been to several physicians and there is "no apparently medical cause" for your symptoms, you need to consider a psychological cause. Anxiety and depression are very real medical conditions that can cause very real symptoms. I suggest you seek counseling. Bring a copy of this post to your visit and show it to your therapist.

So now it's Doctor Bob calling Inma. Are you listening out there???

Good luck, Inma.

You are so wright!
Thanks Dr. Frascino