unusual transmision

Hi Dr. Frascino,

I'm a big fan of yours. I followed and practiced your advice regarding safe sex. My question for you is:

I'm traveling here in South East Asia and had an encounter with female of an unknown status. As mentioned, I never have sex without a party hat. However, after stroking her private part, I inadvertently rubbed my eyes. Can the virus transmit by this? Last night, two days after the encounter, I experienced dry scratchy cough, fatigue and profuse night sweats. I wonder if I'm seroconverting.

I do understand that I'm not supposed to self diagnose based on symptoms but I can't help to think of it. I'll definitely go for testing in 3 months and 6 months to rule out HIV.

Ill be back in the Bay Area in December and will definitely drop-off my donation and hopefully will meet you in person.

Thanks.

Congratulations on always being "dressed properly for the occasion" by never attending a party without your party hat firmly in place!

Regarding your current symptoms, they are not the result of seroconversion. Symptoms related to acute HIV infection do not occur "two days after the encounter." Generally it takes weeks.

The chance of your acquiring HIV form the episode you describe is essentially nonexistent. Sure, test if you are concerned. But just be aware the main reason for testing would be to put your mind at rest and to calm your unwarranted fears.

Safe travels.

à partir de quand ya til pénétration?
What exactly are the symptoms of ARS?