oral sex worry

Please help me. I gave oral sex to 2 men about 8 months ago and although I have no real reason to suspect that either of them were HIV+ I am so worried as I had flu about 3 months later and I am worried. One of them I had protected sex with. The other I didn't have sex with but he came in my mouth. Am I at risk and should I have a test? Thank you

Performing oral sex on a man is considered low-risk activity. The exact factors that contribute to or prevent HIV being transmitted orally are still unclear and are difficult to determine. The amount of virus that gets in a person's mouth probably plays a big role in determining the risk for transmission. That's why it is advisable to get as little semen in your mouth as possible. Cuts, sores, and irritation are all suspected as factors that increase the risk of transmission. Getting ejaculate in your mouth probably increases your risk for infection. Read through the articles on Oral Sex (http://thebody.com/safesex/oralsex.html) at The Body for more information on oral transmission.

Since there is a possibility for infection, even though it is low, you may want to consider testing for yourself at some point.

RMK

Need Help?
Still in the window