Dried Blood Carry Infection Threat?

OK about 7-8 years ago i was aobut 10-12. I was at a skatepark. I got a decently deep slinter and it started bleeding. I asked for some tweesers at the front desk. I was only 10-11 so i didnt htink anything of it. Now that i tink back the tweesers had dride blood on them. Now i have 2 questions.

1. Could the dried blood carry any live HIV/AIDS cells or organisms. 2. Could i be at risk for HIV/AIDS.

Now i havnt had any real extreme symptoms. A few night sweats, diarhhea (know spelling is wrong) every few weeks if that. Im mainly just worried because well the more u read aobut symptoms u can create the mentally and start to freak urself out. So i wanted to ask ur opinon. Im afraid to get tested because what would i tell me family and ex girlfried? Ive never been sexually active with anyone but her and kissed a few girls. She was a virgin when i met her and we only did oral. If i happen to be infected would she be at risk since she swallowed my ya know. lol Just a few questoins and i love the site you get to see how HIV is a real problem and should be addressed more than it is.

HIV does not survive very long outside the body. If the blood was dry, you don't have to worry about HIV. I'm amazed you even remember the splinter, decently deep or otherwise, from eight years ago, let alone the fact a tweezers may or may not have had some "dride" blood on it! I can't even remember what I had for breakfast. Regarding your girlfriend and her swallowing your "ya know," I also see no problem if the skate park incident was your only potential HIV risk.

Stay well.

Shining Star...
Re: mental illness contagious