Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Woohoo-able?
Nov 10, 2005

I fingered and licked the breast of a sex worker while on business trip to China. She also gave me a handjob. I tested negative at the 48th day. Is this conclusive? Do I have to worry about other STDs like herpes or genital warts etc.? Thanx very much doctor. If my results is conclusive I will certainly donate to the foundation! You are doing a great job!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Fingering (assuming there were no cuts or open wounds), breast licking and getting a handjob are not considered significant risk for HIV acquisition. Consequently testing would not be recommended.

Regarding HIV-antibody testing in general, tests taken prior to three months are not considered definitive.

Some STDs, such as herpes and HPV (genital warts), can be transmitted by skin-to-skin contact. However, if you have no symptoms, I would doubt this is a problem for you. If you are concerned, your general physician can run an STD screen for you.

So from an HIV perspective, your risk is not significant. From an HIV-testing perspective, a 48-day test is not considered definitive. I do not feel your risk warrants testing, but if you want a "woo-hoo-able" test, you'll need to wait for the three-month mark.

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Check archive, couldn't find similar question, Pls assess my risk
Next
The Dirty Truth on LIfespan

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.