Can I woohoo or gobble gobble

Dr BOB. I had unprotected insertive anal sex with a POS bottom on aug 28th 2005(didnt know he was pos at the time)I tested negative on ELISA for HIV1 and HIV2 at 7weeks & 2days. My HIV adviser told me since my exposure was just one exposure of 5 min insertive anal and being that I tested negative on Elisa at 7 weeks that my chances of me being infected are 1 in a million or billion, is this true??? I got a fever blister on my 10th week now I got scared thinking it was a ARS symptom? If I test Negative at 12 weeks Can I be Sure of my whoohoo?

I can not verify the "1 in a million or billion" estimate that you were given. The best risk estimate we have indicates that the per-act risk for acquiring HIV from unprotected insertive anal sex with an HIV-positive partner is 6.5 per 10,000 exposures. Certainly your negative seven-week ELISA HIV-1 and HIV-2 is encouraging, but tests taken prior to three months are not considered definitive or conclusive. While I do not believe your fever blister has anything to do with ARS, I also can't advise you to WOO-HOO yet. In fact, the CDC suggests that since you had a significant HIV exposure (anal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive), that even if you test negative at three months, you should have an additional confirmatory test at six months as well. At this point the odds are all in your favor, but you'll have to keep that WOO-HOO on ice for a while longer.

Good luck!

Oral Sex with Listerine
Your responses help me not lose sight...