The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I know u dont want to reply to me, but then whom should i ask my question???

Nov 8, 2005

Dr Bob, You are such a wonderful person, who is helping so many people world wide by answering their queries through You are a Godfigure to all of us.

Sir, my exposure is that on 9th October i went to a prostitute. I opted for a handjob. I got myself circumscised 3 yrs back.

I have fungal infection on my penis shaft and the skin there is dry and itchy. I doubt that the girl might have any cuts on her hand which might transmit the hiv virus through the tinea affected skin on my penis shaft, as that part of the skin had become wet because of the precum.

Also, from 6-7 days after the exposure, i had mild fever, sore throat, fatigue, and itching on both the upper and lower limbs which is persistant till today, which i assume, may be of FLU and heat as many people here are suffering from FLU currently. I am just confused whether this FLU like symptoms are due to ARS? The body temperature remains between 97.1 98.7 *F whenever I feel feverish.. I am very much depressed and am not even able to work.

Are the above mentioned symptoms due to ARS?

Can HIV pass through tinea affected skin?

Am i at risk of HIV infection?

Do i need testing after 3 months, or any other specialised testing like DNA PCR with p24 at 28 days to rule out HIV infection?

Kindly give me the link where to send the donation.

Pls reply soon and oblige, Thanks in advance. Regards, A Worried Well.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello "A Worried Well,"

I totally agree you are both "worried" and "well."

Hand jobs are not considered a risk for HIV transmission, even if you had "tinea affected skin" on your penis shaft.

Are your symptoms due to ARS? No, I would very strongly doubt that. Of course, if you are worried, you could get an HIV test at the three-month mark, but the reason to do so would be solely to put your mind at rest. In general, I do not recommend PCR testing for routine HIV screening, due to the incidence of false positives and the cost.

As for my being a God figure . . . gosh, whoever would have guessed God was an HIV-positive, Italian, forum expert here on the sex channel???!!!

Donation information for my foundation can be found on The Foundation's Web site at

Stay well. Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Getting HIV from a nude dance
You deserve part of my salary

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint