Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

To Believe or Not To Believe
Nov 8, 2005

Dr. Bob, I want to thank you, as many others have, for the work you do and the courage you display in your comments and actions. We all have a story behind our concerns and thanks to you we have a true source of reality, reliability and honesty to refer to during our dreadful waiting period. Mine is no different and want to thank you again for all the straight forward responses you have provided the WW's.

I said that to say this. I am a WW and as you emphatically state over and over "get tested". I did just that at day 92 and received a negative result. Even though my exposure was of high risk (a heterosexual male who had unprotected vaginal sex with someone of unknown status) I was able to take the wisdom of the archives and calm myself down enough to get through my waiting period.

I am a realist and hope I have learned my lesson. The truth to the matter is for all the WW's "Stop taking a chance that can cut your life short for minutes (which is the norm-whether 3 or 30) of pleasure. Make a difference spread the word to all of your family and friends in one way or another. Talk to them about your knowledge of HIV/AIDS and inform them about the fact that thebody.com exists as they can gain their own understanding. And as always lets support the drive to discover a cure for HIV/AIDS because the luck of the draw during an exposure could have or could in the future render you or someone you are close to not well.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Congratulations on your 92-day negative test!!! WOO-HOO!!!!

Thank you for taking the time to share your story. And a particular thank you for reminding our readers that this forum has extensive archives that can be easily accessed. I can only respond to a fraction of the questions I receive on a continual basis. Although I do try to at least read them all! At least 95% of the questions I receive are identical or very similar to questions I've already answered and posted in the past. That means the information or the reassurance that those questioners seek is already waiting for them in the archives! Dr. Bob says check it out!

Stay safe. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
masterbating and small penis
Next
I'd like to make a reservation at the x-files inn!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.