please answer... scared out of my mind

Please answer Dr. Bob, I have written a couple times. I NEED to know if you think I am at risk and should get a test or if I am being irrational. I am married and cheated on my husband. This may be the reason for my obsessive behavior, but I need your advice, PLEASE, just a quick yes or no if I need to be tested and am at risk. I made out with a guy and he sucked/licked my vagina while my thin pants and underwear were on, he also licked the top part of my vagina for a few seconds with pants off, but other than that I was clothed... am I at risk? Before this incident I tested negative and now am worried. My husband and I want to start a family, but now I am terrified that I put us at risk. Please answer me. Am I being irrational or is there a possibility I am infected? I need to hear from you and I promise to send a donation and never bug you again. PLEASE!! I am going crazy and its only been 6 weeks!! HELP!! You are greatly appreciated!

The incident you describe would not put you at risk for HIV infection. I do not feel HIV testing is warranted.

Guilt appears to be your biggest problem at the moment. Counseling may help. Ultimately I would suggest leveling with your husband. It's not only the most effective way to deal with your guilt; it's also the right thing to do. Strong lasting relationships are built on honesty and trust.

Thank you for your willingness to make a donation to help those struggling with the challenges of HIV/AIDS (www.concertedeffort.org).

Good luck. Stay well.

marijuana
Took my BF to see the HIV specialist - a few questions for you Doc