Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Finger Prick Hand Job
Nov 3, 2005

Dr. Bob,

First, let me thank you for the compassionate work you are doing. I am sending a donation of $200. I have read through all the archives and have not seen my situation in any previous posts. I am worried out of my mind. A few hours ago I received a hand job from a sex worker. She is diabetic, and right before she masturbated me, she pricked her finger to test her sugar. I asked her to wait a few minutes (3-5) before we started, and to wear a band aid, but it fell off as she was giving me the handjob. There was a small amount of blood on the bandaid, but I did not notice any on my penis. She definetly masturbated me with the hand that she pricked, so blood to penis contact was possible. She said she was tested about two months ago and was negative then.

What are my chances of contracting HIV? Do I have anything to be worried about?

Thanks sooooooo much.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

A recently pricked prick-whacker is not a significant risk for HIV transmission when whacking a prick. Even if she were HIV positive and a small amount of blood came into contact with your penis, HIV cannot penetrate intact skin. The chances that blood came into contact with your urethral mucous membranes are so vanishingly small as to be negligible.

Do you have anything to worry about? No. However, if you remain worried despite my reassurance, the option of HIV testing is always open to you. But remember, HIV-antibody tests taken prior to three months are not considered definitive. So if you plan to test, wait at least until then, O.K.?

Thank you for your very generous donation. I've always found helping others in desperate need to be not only rewarding but also an excellent way to keep one's own problems and concerns in their proper perspective. Your one gift will touch many lives. On their behalf and as a person living with the challenges of cohabitating with HIV, please accept my heartfelt thanks.

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
First of its kind!!
Next
Canadian firefighter should have known better.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.