Told you I will keep trying

Dear Dr. BOB I have asked you this question a couple of times earlier, but no reply, but ofcourse I do understand that you get thousands of questions daily, but I will keep trying and hoping for an answer. I had probably an unsafe exposure around 4 months back in bangkok. I had protected vaginal sex but unprotected insertive oral sex with a sex worker. Als o not sure whether some vaginal fluid was transferred to the inside of the condom before wearing it. Obviously worried , I did 3 PCR DNA qualitative tests at 7days, 21 days and 3 months after exposure - negative. 2 HIV DUO tests at 21 days and 3 months post exposure - negative. and a standard elisa test at 3 months post exposure - negative. Please Doctore, please help me coz this experience is really really driving me crazy. I need to know from you whether I can woo-hoo or do I need to do another test. Please Please reply doctor. I just admire you and your work for the benefit of all humanity, and am praying for you and your family. I too will try and donate whatever I can to your foundation. God bless you Thanks

I have not responded previously because your question is so very similar to many others in the archives. (Have a look!) And my response to you is exactly the same as my response to the others. Briefly:

1. Your risk: protected vaginal/unprotected insertive oral with sex worker of unknown HIV status.

2. Your risk assessment: "Protected" sex is "protected," if the latex condom was used properly and did not fail. Oral sex carries an extremely low risk of HIV transmission.

3. Your HIV tests: three PCR DNA qualitative assays all negative out to three months; two HIV DUO tests, negative out to three months; ELISA negative at three months.

4. Assessment of HIV tests: in my opinion a single HIV-antibody test at three months would have been sufficient. I do not recommend PCR testing for routine screening, due to false positives and cost.

5. Bottom line: you are definitively and conclusively HIV negative.

6. Next step: WOO-HOO.

Thank you for your donation and willingness to help others (www.concertedeffort.org).

Stay well.

retinitis during acute infection???
needle prick in butt @ party