|Told you I will keep trying
Nov 2, 2005
Dear Dr. BOB I have asked you this question a couple of times earlier, but no reply, but ofcourse I do understand that you get thousands of questions daily, but I will keep trying and hoping for an answer. I had probably an unsafe exposure around 4 months back in bangkok. I had protected vaginal sex but unprotected insertive oral sex with a sex worker. Als o not sure whether some vaginal fluid was transferred to the inside of the condom before wearing it. Obviously worried , I did 3 PCR DNA qualitative tests at 7days, 21 days and 3 months after exposure - negative. 2 HIV DUO tests at 21 days and 3 months post exposure - negative. and a standard elisa test at 3 months post exposure - negative. Please Doctore, please help me coz this experience is really really driving me crazy. I need to know from you whether I can woo-hoo or do I need to do another test. Please Please reply doctor. I just admire you and your work for the benefit of all humanity, and am praying for you and your family. I too will try and donate whatever I can to your foundation. God bless you Thanks
| Response from Dr. Frascino
I have not responded previously because your question is so very similar to many others in the archives. (Have a look!) And my response to you is exactly the same as my response to the others. Briefly:
1. Your risk: protected vaginal/unprotected insertive oral with sex worker of unknown HIV status.
3. Your HIV tests: three PCR DNA qualitative assays all negative out to three months; two HIV DUO tests, negative out to three months; ELISA negative at three months.
4. Assessment of HIV tests: in my opinion a single HIV-antibody test at three months would have been sufficient. I do not recommend PCR testing for routine screening, due to false positives and cost.
5. Bottom line: you are definitively and conclusively HIV negative.
6. Next step: WOO-HOO.
Thank you for your donation and willingness to help others (www.concertedeffort.org).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Can You Contract AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Groin Pain After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.