Is giving Oral High Risk?

I've been with my boyfriend for 8 years. We are both currently Negative tested regularly most recent 2 weeks ago. It is one of those relationships where I'm faithful to my bf, but he feels the need to give and receive oral pleasure from other folks on a VERY regular basis usually 3 different partners a week. The only rule is he has to tell me who he's with & being honest.

We've had friends who say they've willingly and knowingly given head to poz guys and never contracted HIV.

Myself, I worry about my boyfriend because the # of people he been with and contiues to be with "only oraly".

Are there any true statistics regarding the possiblity of contracting HIV from giving/receiving Oral?

Should I be worried?

The risk of acquiring HIV from any type of oral sex is low. The estimated per-act risk for insertive unprotected oral sex is 0.5 per 10,000 exposures to an infected partner. That estimated risk increases to 1 per 10,000 exposures for unprotected receptive oral sex. Having an STD can increase the chance of getting infected with HIV during oral sex. STDs that cause sores or blisters (like syphilis and herpes) are easily transmitted during oral sex getting or giving.

Should you be worried??? That depends on the level of risk you are willing to accept. If your boyfriend is averaging three different partners every week, his risk for STDs is significant, even if his overall risk of HIV remains low.

20 and + for 2 years
Possible positive test after 4 weeks