Not a question, but a thank-you

I am a 30-something gay male who has been in a relationship for 13 years. I haven't been completely faithful and have been parnoid that I have contracted HIV and am going to ruin my life and his as well. While I have always tried to be safe, I know that safe is really just "less risky." For the past 10 years, I have avoided getting a test because of what I thought the results might be. It was better to not know, in my mind, than to know the truth.

Every symptom I had proved to me that I was positive. Feeling tired, anxiety, etc. Little did I know they were from worrying about my status.

I finally earlier this year stopped fooling around with other guys. I stumbled across your column and realized this could possibly be in my head. I found a clinic with an OraQuick test and got up the nerve to go (after a night of not sleeping and almost walking out while I was waiting because I didn't want to know). When the test came back negative, I almost cried. I have never felt such a relief. It's like a new life. My stress is lifted, I feel better and I realize that the past 10 years have been tainted by my assumptions that I was positive.

I just wanted to thank you for helping me get my life on track. I truly feel changed.

Congratulations and WOO-HOO!

Thank you for taking the time to write in and share your story. Now turn off the computer and get out there and enjoy life (safely, of course). You have 10 years of unwarranted, excessive worry to make up for. Welcome to the X-Files (Ex-Worried Wells)!

Stay well.

Wohooooooooooooooo. WORRIED WELLS MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
grosse angoisse / délais tests