Reply to Donation on the way

Dr. Bob,

following the reply you sent i would like to clarify the following: 1) the injection that was used on me was a solid needle used to withdraw blood from my arm and stayed for approxiametly two min and was deep inside 2)it was a contaminated needle from an hiv sourced patient 3)did not take pep after 4) took tests on my 3rd,4th 6th 12th and 24 th week..all negative..

please tell me if this is enough.I really trust your advise...How is it possible that in this case my results are giving negative still..is it maybe not detecting the subtypes since i was in africa.. I will send the money by credit card Dr.

T

Hello T,

There are still a few facts here that are a bit unclear to me. For instance:

1. A "solid needle" cannot be used to withdraw blood.

2. Why was a needle in your arm for "approximately two minutes?"

3. Was the HIV source patient from Africa, and if so, what part of Africa?

These are but a few of the questions I would need answered to provide you with a more definitive response. I would suggest you contact a local HIV/AIDS specialist to review these and other details of your case as well as your test results to date. This would be the most efficient way for you to gain the level of assurance you are looking for related to the level of your actual risk, how definitive your specific test results, the question of HIV subtypes, and a variety of other issues.

Overall, with the information you've provided so far, my opinion is that you are conclusively HIV negative.

Thank you for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org). Your one gift will touch many lives.

Stay well.

CMV prevention for newly pos. NICU RN
tested positive, my partner did not