Unprotected oral sex with cut penis

Dear Doc, I am going out of my mind worrying about this. I went to a strip club and during a friction dance my penis was cut. I did not notice it until I got home. I received a blow job from her and now I am going nuts! PLEASE HELP! What are my risks for HIV? I am married and have not even touched my wife in five weeks. I am afraid I will infect her.

I am sending you a donation $100.00 Please answer today if possible before I go out of my mind.

A strip club friction dance "cut" your penis???? OUCHAMAGOUCHA! Wow, that must have been one wild shimmy-shimmy-hootchy-kootchy at the Badda Bing. Or maybe her sequined thong had some rough edges. At any rate, I should remind our readers that despite what you may have learned in your abstinence-only sex class, vaginas definitely do not have teeth, so that's not the cause of this guys cut, O.K.?

Now back to your question. With or without your "friction" injury, oral sex carries an extremely low risk for HIV transmission. The estimated per-episode risk for insertive unprotected oral sex is 0.5 per 10,000 exposures to a partner confirmed to be HIV positive. Sure, if you are worried, get HIV tested at the three-month mark. It's most likely the most efficient way to calm your fears. In the interim, I'd suggest being honest with your wife. You can use latex condoms until your HIV test confirms your negative status. The odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this sexcapade. After all, you didn't even notice your cut until you got home; consequently, I doubt it was very severe.

Thank you for your generous and compassionate donation. I'll send you my best good-luck karma in return.

Don't "go out of your mind." I'm quite confident all will turn out well for you. O.K.?

cincinnati friend checking in
Frantic