Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO
Oct 28, 2005

Dr, Bob thanks for your early advice about 5 months ago. I was living a LIMBO life last 6 moths. after my exposure to sexual contact with club girl in Kampala. I almost suicide my self and conviced that my symptoms was hiv related symptoms. After one month of my exposure I tested negative of elisa, then I posted a question on this forum asking about my chances of hiv. I had a bunch of symptoms, even my wife had some. I almost lost my job, my family and my precious life until I got courage my self to get tested before I loss everything. After 7 moths of hell I walked into the testing room and got tested, rapid test. Luckily was negative, then I ran to another place and tested a another rapid tested, and was negative again. I couldnt believed it, it was kind of miracle for me. I had all the symptoms in the world and tested negative 4th time. So my friends of human being I am suggesting that Dont ever depend on a symptoms, dont trust your symptoms it could be something else and I am sure it is something else. Thank you DR. Bob and keep up what you doing, it is good cause.

Joseph

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Joseph,

Congratulations and WOO-HOO! Thank you for taking the time to write in and share your story. It's yet another reminder to all the worried folks reading this forum that symptoms no matter what they are do not equal HIV disease!

Stay well, Joseph!

Dr. Bob

Previous
I'm so lonesome I could cry.
Next
Just Wanted to Share My Story

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.