Same Sex Kissing
Oct 28, 2005
Does kissing a person of the same sex mean you will get aids because you are not suppose to kiss someone of the same sex? If both you and the other person is healthly will you still get Aids because same sex saliva is not suppose to mix?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Who told you that "you are not supposed to kiss someone of the same sex" and that "same sex saliva is not supposed to mix???" Sexuality, whether it be homosexuality (attraction toward the same sex) or heterosexuality (attraction toward the opposite sex) is normal and healthy. Sexual orientation is innate and can not be changed.
AIDS is caused by a virus and can be transmitted by:
1. Unprotected sex (sex without a latex condom). The vast majority of the over 40 million people infected worldwide were infected by heterosexual (not homosexual) unprotected sex.
2. From infected mother to her child during childbirth or by breast feeding.
3. Blood-to-blood exposure, such as sharing intravenous drug needles with someone who is infected or getting a blood transfusion with HIV-tainted blood.
The next time someone tells you homosexuality is wrong or will cause AIDS, tell them you don't believe that and tell them to contact me through his forum, O.K.?
Now that you know the truth, spread the word to your friends, O.K.? HIV doesn't care if you're gay or straight, Christian or Muslim, black or white. Spend some time reading the information on this site related to HIV/AIDS and how it is and is not transmitted. You can then relay that information back to whoever is spreading that ridiculous notion that same-sex saliva mixing could cause AIDS. O.K.?
Thanks for writing in and searching out the truth and helping to dispel hateful and harmful myths.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risk Of Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Burning Urethra After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Over The Counter Products That Test For Vaginal Infections
- Can ARS Go On For Months?
- Can Someone Get Stds By Touching Another Person's Sperm?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.