What is this HIV Testing technology - Is this ELISA testing - you are great Dr.Bob - Want to donate via Bank transfer
Oct 27, 2005
You are the most amazing human being I have every got to know. The work you are doing is great and I think you should run for the next USA presidential election. Your work inspired a lot of lives and you are making difference to lot of lives. I love you!!!!
My question is regarding ELISA testing, my exposure was protected veginal for less then 45 seconds and insertive oral about 2 minutes. The condom does not break and intact all the time. I have already go for blood test and awaiting result. However the Lab (I m in Asia) where I go for blood test, I enquire them about he testing technology, they replied me as below.
we are using the latest automated CMIA (chemiluminescent microparticle immunoassay) technology for our Anti-HIV 1&2 screening. This ARC HIV Ag/Ab Combo assay will have better sensitivity and specificity for the simultaneous qualitative detection of HIV p24 antigen and antibodies to HIV type 1 (Group M & Group O) and/or HIV type 2, if comparing to other screening methods like the manual ELISA 3rd generation etc
1) What type of test is this, is this standard ELISA test, if yes, what is the generation 2) Based on my risk, can I consider my result conclusive after 14 weeks by using this test. 3) I got classic text book ARS symptoms at week 8, I read that if ARS occurred it usuly occurred 2-4 weeks, are these ARS symptoms 4) How to donate to you if via bank transfer as I dont have credit card.
And again in the last, I love you.the work you are doing inspired me a lot. I am sure if United states got the prent like you, the world will be a very different place.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Thanks for your kind comments.
To answer your specific questions:
1. The test you describe detects anti-HIV 1 and anti-HIV 2 antibodies. This would be analogous to an ELISA test that also detects anti-HIV antibodies. I cannot comment about the "generation" from the information provided.
3. Symptoms related to HIV seroconversion, called acute retroviral syndrome (ARS), generally, but not exclusively, occur at the two-four week period. However, the only way to determine if your symptoms are HIV-related is to get an HIV test three months or more after your last potential HIV exposure.
4. Donations to my foundation via direct wire transfer from bank to bank can be made following the directions below:
Mellon Bank Pittsburgh, P.A. ABA # 043000261 Credit ML Account Number 101-1730 Further Credit to: Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation Account # 830-04C48 Swift number MELN US 3P
Any questions regarding the wire transfer may be directed to Linda Godfrey. You may call collect at 732-627-6600 or e-mail her at LGodfrey@pclient.ml.com.
Thank you for your willingness to help others in desperate need. Your one gift will touch many lives. I have often found helping others is an effective way to keep our own problems in their proper perspective. It's also a great way to rack up excellent cosmic karma with the higher powers!
Good luck. Stay well. Many thanks.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Hiv Symptoms Show In Less Than A Week?
- How Often After Infected Does An Hiv Test Show You Been Infected?
- If You Have Sex With A Hiv Postive Person How Long Does It Take To Catch It?
- If You Have A Sore Throat Does That Mean U Have Hiv?
- Truvada Hiv Pale Stool
- Being Hiv Positive And Getting Very Skinny
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.