Donation on the way..

Dr. Bob,

I really admire you as a person, i just love this website you have, i ve been reading it daily for the past year and i think your such a great person.. Dr. Bob i will be sending 100 dollars to your account if you can just give me the account number.. Second thing Dr. i just need to ask you something, i am getting married in two months and i need to know if its safe for both us.. now since i got injected with an hiv needle seven months ago i took all the tests required my last test was on the six month period..dr i had all the symptoms in the world and trust me i did have them..now is my 6 month antibody test which turned out negative conclusive for me because in one of your posts your saying if its a significant exposure you need to keep on testing for a whole year..please dr write back and let me know.. i need to know if i should get married plzzz...

i am sorry for sending a small amount of money (100$)...my best regards to you and your brother dr. bob..

T

Without knowing the details of your particular case ("injected with an HIV needle seven months ago"), it's somewhat difficult to comment. Was this an occupational exposure from a source confirmed to be HIV positive? How significant was the needlestick? Hollow-bore or solid needle? Did you take PEP? Etc., etc., etc.

In general for a routine needlestick, if you have had appropriate follow-up care, including repeat negative HIV-antibody tests out to six months, I would say your results would indeed be considered definitive.

Thank you for your willingness to make a donation to my foundation. Donation information can be found on the Foundation's Web site, www.concertedeffort.org. We accept credit cards, direct wire transfers, checks, appreciated securities, gold teeth, whatever . . . . Thank you for your generosity.

Good luck and congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

Please weigh in on Maggiore death
Question from down under