Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Donation on the way..
Oct 27, 2005

Dr. Bob,

I really admire you as a person, i just love this website you have, i ve been reading it daily for the past year and i think your such a great person.. Dr. Bob i will be sending 100 dollars to your account if you can just give me the account number.. Second thing Dr. i just need to ask you something, i am getting married in two months and i need to know if its safe for both us.. now since i got injected with an hiv needle seven months ago i took all the tests required my last test was on the six month period..dr i had all the symptoms in the world and trust me i did have them..now is my 6 month antibody test which turned out negative conclusive for me because in one of your posts your saying if its a significant exposure you need to keep on testing for a whole year..please dr write back and let me know.. i need to know if i should get married plzzz...

i am sorry for sending a small amount of money (100$)...my best regards to you and your brother dr. bob..

T

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Without knowing the details of your particular case ("injected with an HIV needle seven months ago"), it's somewhat difficult to comment. Was this an occupational exposure from a source confirmed to be HIV positive? How significant was the needlestick? Hollow-bore or solid needle? Did you take PEP? Etc., etc., etc.

In general for a routine needlestick, if you have had appropriate follow-up care, including repeat negative HIV-antibody tests out to six months, I would say your results would indeed be considered definitive.

Thank you for your willingness to make a donation to my foundation. Donation information can be found on the Foundation's Web site, www.concertedeffort.org. We accept credit cards, direct wire transfers, checks, appreciated securities, gold teeth, whatever . . . . Thank you for your generosity.

Good luck and congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Please weigh in on Maggiore death
Next
Question from down under

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.