Urine a cause?

Dr Frascino,

About 4 weeks ago I had a bit to much to drink and as a practical joke a couple of friends urinated into my drink without me knowing and I drank some. This does seem funny, but now I am still feeling exhausted sometimes in the day but mainly in the evening and generally ill. I was wondering if there is any possibility that the disease could have been passed to me.

Thanks for your time

Derek

Hello Derek,

Urine is a sterile fluid and consequently does not harbor any pathogens (germs). Most likely you're just freaked out by the thought of your friends pissing in your Piña Colada and your slurping it down while they chuckled. The bottom line is that you don't have to worry about contracting HIV or any other illness from your frothy drink, but Derek, you might want to consider getting some new friends nonetheless.

Stay well.

Thank god! PEP is over!
Please weigh in on Maggiore death