Scared to Life!!!!

Hello Doc! I have been reading your forum for about two weeks now. I am shocked to read about so many people who have put themselves in the same position as I have. Okay, here is the deal; I had unprotected sex with a woman about six years ago and I was not aware of her status. I did not ejaculate in her. The next day i had to deal with the what ifs'. I am twenty four now and still worry if or if not I am Hiv+. I don't really have any symptoms, I mean I have a slight itching rash on my stomach, but other than that I am fine.(every little thing that happens to my body I get very nervous). My girlfriend of seven years has also been tested. I just can't help feeling guilty about everytime I had unprotected sex. Question; what is the risk of catching the virus having unprotected sex but not ejaculating in the woman of unknown satus. Please!!!!! answer my question if you can, I suffer real anxiety sometimes and have been off and on for 6 years! P/S I will definitely send a donation I think your cause helps millions!

You've been worrying about this for six years? Rather than getting "very nervous" over "every little thing that happens to your body," why haven't you just gotten tested instead??? Using new rapid tests, you'd have had your definitive result in just 20 minutes.

To answer your question, the estimated per-episode risk of acquiring HIV from unprotected insertive vaginal sex is 5 per 10,000 exposures to an infected source. Your risk would be even less, as we do not know the status of your partner.

My advice is simple: get tested and stop worrying. The odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from your sexcapade six years ago.

Thank you for your willingness to help others living with the challenges of HIV/AIDS. (www.concertedeffort.org)

For GOD sake , please reply
Hope for the Worriers Out There the Hamster got off the wheel