Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Every Symptom in the book - 6.5 months (Negative)
Oct 21, 2005

Hey, Doc.

I had a high risk encounter with HIV. I had all the symptoms... Ache's, White Tongue, Enlarged Glands, Fever, Rash. I was 100% sure I was infected. I searched all over these forums for months on end... Coming closer to the realisation that I was infected. Well.. I got tested at 7 weeks.. came out Negative, and re-tested at 6.5 months, also came out negative.

I cant believe I wasted so much of my energy, and half a year on worrying about something that didnt exist. I just thought Id write, and let all the Worried people know.... Just cause u think u have the symptoms, or even if you do have all the symptoms, and you have never had anything like this before.... It doesnt mean you are infected.

Anyway ... just thought Id give some comfort to all those self diagnosing people out there.

take care

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your story. Congratulations on your negative status! WOO-HOO!

Stay safe. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Being a Top
Next
Hey Bob negative at 11 months permission to jump up and down and smile

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.