can I delay my test?

If a feel for the moment well (I only have mild symptoms: swollen glands in my groin area and episodes of mild headaches which go away after a coffee in the morning and return sometimes in the evening and from time to time a slight sensation of nausea) can I delay my HIV test? I read these pages carefully and remarked that treatment is recommended only when the immune system is damaged (when CD T drops below 300). Why then not leading a normal life until then? What are the risks for me of delaying my testing with 2-3 years? Thank you, M

Hello M,

Do you think chronically worrying about HIV for two to three years, spending time on HIV-info Web sites such as this and avoiding a test that you clearly know you must take is "leading a normal life?" I don't think so.

If you've placed yourself at risk, get tested. Burying your head in the sand is really not a viable option.

Archived many stories, nothing as NIGHTMARISH as this!
my prayers to your brother