woohoo! a word for those worried!

Hey dr. you site is great, please continue to do what you are doing, u are of great support! This is my first post, i tested negative today at the end of month 5... i understand my results are definite but just to let other readers know of some of the symptoms i experienced.. my case:

protected oral, vaginal with sex worker...

1- flu and fever about 5 days after, diarrhea, vomiting, lasting about 6 days..

2- 1 month after, tonsillitis and enlarged lymph nodes (ive had chronic tonsillitis, but i hadnt had it in a quite a while due to some oral vaccines) some red things on my shoulder-chest region (like small bumps)

3- somewhere during first month, visible veins at edges of nose, white hairy tongue, varicose veins on legs, slight bloodshot eyes (all these are still present)... enlarged tonsils.. also clogged ears a few times, not many headaches

4- strep throat with enlarged lymph nodes 2 months after encounter

5- same strep throat again about 3 and a half months after

6- almost no muscle pain or joint pain...

it seemed like everything i had was related to hiv, the more i searched the worse things got, i was extremely anxious specially the first month, now i attribute all these symptoms to stress, anxiety, allergies and any other... but thank god apparently HIV is not my case... prayer and this forum gave me the balls to test... its been quite a lesson,

thank you so much doctor! may god be with you!

Thanks for writing in and sharing your story. Although I must admit considering your premise ("protected oral, vaginal with sex worker"), the results of your test (negative) really came as no surprise. Assuming a latex condom was used properly and did not fail, protected sex is indeed "protected," right? At any rate, I'm glad you now have some balls. (Otherwise it's difficult to fill out those designer ripped jeans properly.)

Healthcare in the Bible Belt Conclusion
Dr. Bob just wanted to say hi