Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

woohoo! a word for those worried!
Oct 19, 2005

Hey dr. you site is great, please continue to do what you are doing, u are of great support! This is my first post, i tested negative today at the end of month 5... i understand my results are definite but just to let other readers know of some of the symptoms i experienced.. my case:

protected oral, vaginal with sex worker...

1- flu and fever about 5 days after, diarrhea, vomiting, lasting about 6 days..

2- 1 month after, tonsillitis and enlarged lymph nodes (ive had chronic tonsillitis, but i hadnt had it in a quite a while due to some oral vaccines) some red things on my shoulder-chest region (like small bumps)

3- somewhere during first month, visible veins at edges of nose, white hairy tongue, varicose veins on legs, slight bloodshot eyes (all these are still present)... enlarged tonsils.. also clogged ears a few times, not many headaches

4- strep throat with enlarged lymph nodes 2 months after encounter

5- same strep throat again about 3 and a half months after

6- almost no muscle pain or joint pain...

it seemed like everything i had was related to hiv, the more i searched the worse things got, i was extremely anxious specially the first month, now i attribute all these symptoms to stress, anxiety, allergies and any other... but thank god apparently HIV is not my case... prayer and this forum gave me the balls to test... its been quite a lesson,

thank you so much doctor! may god be with you!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Thanks for writing in and sharing your story. Although I must admit considering your premise ("protected oral, vaginal with sex worker"), the results of your test (negative) really came as no surprise. Assuming a latex condom was used properly and did not fail, protected sex is indeed "protected," right? At any rate, I'm glad you now have some balls. (Otherwise it's difficult to fill out those designer ripped jeans properly.)

Dr. Bob

Previous
Healthcare in the Bible Belt Conclusion
Next
Dr. Bob just wanted to say hi

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.