Should I get Circumcised?

I have just been reading about the study done in South Africa (Soweto) which supposedly shows a reduction of up to 65% in HIV transmission from women to circumcised men as opposed to uncircumcised men. I am 33, have an HIV positive wife and am uncircumcised. Should I and can I get circumcised at this point in my life. I am aware comfirmatory NIH funded studies are still being conducted on the same subject, and so I may be jumping the gun. What are the risks for circumcision for a man my age? Is the procedure covered by medical insurance policies?

Can you get circumcised? Sure, if you want to.

Should you get circumcised? No. Not based on the information we have so far. What you should do is use latex condoms properly with water-based lubricants. If there is an accidental exposure due to condom failure, you could consider PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis). Talk to your wife's HIV specialist to arrange for this in advance, in case of emergency.

Risks for circumcision at age 33??? That's an easy one: OUCHAMAGOUCHA!

Open Heart Surgery/Blood Donation
ALMOST GIVING UP ASKING QUESTION AT THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!!!! (Indonesia)