Sep 30, 2005
Hi, I asked this question before but was not answered. I had an accidental needle stick prick. I sat down and it went in me through my shirt. The docs said that PEP wasn't necessary because HIV doesn't live outside the body long AND it went through my shirt so if there was fresh blood it would have wiped off. Is this true, could you tell me more?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
I agree with your "docs." PEP is not warranted. What more can I tell you?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sex With A Prostitute Safe?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Black Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Fingers After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.