Hidden HIV jumping my on my wife

Dear Dr Bob,

Is there any chance that, although I tested negative after 4 and 12 weeks (after a very low risk exposure), I infected my wife?.

Two weeks before the 12 weeks test(antigen and antibodies at a good laboratory)we had protected sex and now one week after the testing she has a sore throat, cough etc.

Is it just my imagination or could I be a late convertor and before detecting the HIV+ in my blood, I passed it to my wife? Or should I simply put the blame for my wife's symptoms on autumn and on the colder weather?

Thanks for your response,

A European anti-Bush citizen (most of us are)

Hello European Anti-Bush Citizen (most of us are),

According to recent polls, most American citizens are now anti-Bush as well! Finally we all agree! I saw a bumper sticker recently that summed things up nicely. It read "Now even Jesus hates Bush."

O.K., on to your questions:

1. Is it your imagination or are you a late seroconverter? That would be your imagination! Definitely your imagination. You are conclusively HIV negative.

2. Could you transmit HIV to your wife? Nope! You can't transmit what you don't have! And you don't have HIV! By the way HIV doesn't jump! It's a virus not a kangaroo!

3. Should you put the blame for your wife's symptoms on autumn and cold weather? Nope. Neither the fall season nor inclement weather are true causes of sore throats or cough. I can't diagnose exactly what is causing your wife's symptoms over the Internet, but I can advise you that HIV (and also autumn and cold weather) is not the cause! Perhaps she just has a cold or mild allergies!

Stay well. Stop imagining things that don't exist or you might wind up like Bush imagining WMD, or believing that his tax cuts for the wealthy make sense economically or morally or that Brownie did a heck of a job with Katrina, or etc., etc., etc.

Damn Democrats
! I LIVE MY LIFE TO WAKE UP AND CHECK IF YOU FINALLY ANSWERED. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR OPINION DR. ROBERT J. FRANCINO - I PROMISE TO PASS THIS GOOD DEED TO OTHERS!