Hidden HIV jumping my on my wife
Sep 30, 2005
Dear Dr Bob,
Is there any chance that, although I tested negative after 4 and 12 weeks (after a very low risk exposure), I infected my wife?.
Two weeks before the 12 weeks test(antigen and antibodies at a good laboratory)we had protected sex and now one week after the testing she has a sore throat, cough etc.
Is it just my imagination or could I be a late convertor and before detecting the HIV+ in my blood, I passed it to my wife? Or should I simply put the blame for my wife's symptoms on autumn and on the colder weather?
Thanks for your response,
A European anti-Bush citizen (most of us are)
Response from Dr. Frascino
Hello European Anti-Bush Citizen (most of us are),
According to recent polls, most American citizens are now anti-Bush as well! Finally we all agree! I saw a bumper sticker recently that summed things up nicely. It read "Now even Jesus hates Bush."
O.K., on to your questions:
1. Is it your imagination or are you a late seroconverter? That would be your imagination! Definitely your imagination. You are conclusively HIV negative.
2. Could you transmit HIV to your wife? Nope! You can't transmit what you don't have! And you don't have HIV! By the way HIV doesn't jump! It's a virus not a kangaroo!
3. Should you put the blame for your wife's symptoms on autumn and cold weather? Nope. Neither the fall season nor inclement weather are true causes of sore throats or cough. I can't diagnose exactly what is causing your wife's symptoms over the Internet, but I can advise you that HIV (and also autumn and cold weather) is not the cause! Perhaps she just has a cold or mild allergies!
Stay well. Stop imagining things that don't exist or you might wind up like Bush imagining WMD, or believing that his tax cuts for the wealthy make sense economically or morally or that Brownie did a heck of a job with Katrina, or etc., etc., etc.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When You Get Hiv When Do The Flu-like Symptoms Happen?
- Does Having Unprotected Sex With Someone With Hiv Always Mean You Will Get It?
- Can Neuropathy Cause Muscle Pain?
- Aids Hiv Myths Facts And Truths
- Does A Woman Who Have Hiv Or Aids Get Their Period?
- Muscle Stiffness And Peripheral Neuropathy
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.