The Princeton Rub

I am HIV+ and my boyfriend is HIV-. I enjoy holding and rubbing my penis against his, often rubbing the heads together. Should we be worried about my pre-cum getting into his urethra when we do this? How much of a risk of transmission would you say there is? What about my having come on my own hand...and then rubbing the crack of his anus with a finger...no insertion?

Your question is difficult to answer. On the one hand, there is no evidence that anyone has been infected by rubbing the head of their penis against another person's penis. On the other hand, infected fluids (your semen or pre-cum) coming into contact with an uninfected person's mucous membranes (the lining of the urethra in your boyfriend's penis) does pose a risk for transmission. The same thing goes for rubbing his anus; semen on your hand coming into contact with the lining of your boyfriend's anus/rectum could theoretically transmit HIV.

Your activity does not pose a considerable risk for transmission, but it is possible. Try to take that into account when negotiating sex with your partner.

RMK

Blood Test
Need Help?