Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Take heed
Sep 26, 2005

Mr Frascino. I have taken the liberty of writing to you after someone bought your website and your writings to my attention. Obviously you realise this is a medical website and it serves no purpose to discuss politics. From reading your answers it appears that you do not realise this fact. I am part of the current administration and Iam proud of my country and everything we are acheiving in the face of difficult situations where not everyone can be pleased. Please remember it is the peoples choice who is elected not yours. My ancestors built this country, which is more than can be said for you. This may explain why i have a greater responsibility for the well being of the nation. Politics is not your speciality. You are much the same as an AIDS individual who refuses to get tested preferring ignorant bliss. I do not expect a reply. Good luck with your condition.

Response from Dr. Frascino

"TAKE HEED???" Hmmm . . . that almost sounds like a threat or warning. I guess you really are part of the current administration. but really, Karl Rove or whoever you are, I'm not a covert CIA agent, and I'm already very open about my sexual orientation and HIV status, so I'm not sure how you could plan to swift boat me.

Let me respond to your comment line by line:

"MR. FRASCINO"...

-That's Dr. Frascino to you!

"I HAVE TAKEN THE LIBERTY OF WRITING TO YOU AFTER SOMEONE BOUGHT YOUR WEB SITE AND YOUR WRITINGS TO MY ATTENTION."

-Someone "bought" the Web site and my writings???? Really??? Sorry, you must be mistaken. Unlike your administration's policies, I'm not for sale.

"PLEASE REMEMBER IT IS THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE WHO IS ELECTED NOT YOURS."

-I agree. And soon you'll see it's also the people's choice to realize they made a terrible mistake and change their mind.

"MY ANCESTORS BUILT THIS COUNTRY, WHICH IS MORE THAN CAN BE SAID FOR YOU."

-What??? You know my ancestors???

"THIS MAY EXPLAIN WHY I HAVE A GREATER RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE WELL BEING OF THE NATION."

-Actually, it seems to most of us that your administration has hit rock bottom and has now begun to dig.

"POLITICS IS NOT YOUR SPECIALTY."

-I agree. However honesty, integrity, compassion and saving lives are. Apparently those virtues are not your specialty.

"OBVIOUSLY YOU REALIZE THIS IS A MEDICAL WEB SITE AND IT SERVES NO PURPOSE TO DISCUSS POLITICS. FROM READING YOUR ANSWERS IT APPEARS THAT YOU DO NOT REALIZE THIS FACT."

-Hmmm . . . so which is it? Do I "obviously realize" or "do not realize?" You seem so confused and conflicted. Political ideology that leads to faith-based science, abstinence-only sex education, misinformation regarding condoms, sexual orientation discrimination and 40 million Americans without health care insurance, in my humble opinion, directly interfaces with HIV/AIDS awareness, education and dissemination of accurate medical information.

"I AM PART OF THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION . . . ."

-I'd suggest you begin buffing your résumé. It seems to me the "current administration" is now damaged goods.

"YOU ARE MUCH THE SAME AS AN AIDS INDIVIDUAL WHO REFUSES TO GET TESTED PREFERRING IGNORANT BLISS."

-I believe the pure idiocy of that comment speaks volumes.

"I DO NOT EXPECT A REPLAY. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CONDITION."

-Actually, doesn't it appear that it's your administration that's in need of luck for its condition???

By the way, did you happen to notice that Lester Crawford, the commissioner of the FDA (Food and Drug Administration), abruptly resigned today? Crawford, yet another incompetent appointed by Bush to a leadership position, is a veterinarian who was confirmed only two months ago after serving as acting commissioner for a year. Crawford's tenure was another blatant example of how Bush and his cronies had used politics to warp scientific and medical decisions. I suggest you read this week's New England Journal of Medicine's article entitled "A Sad Day for Science at the F.D.A." The article states that "recent actions of the F.D.A. leadership have made a mockery of the process of evaluating scientific evidence," disillusioned many scientists, "squandered the public trust and tarnished the agency's image."

Now what was it you were saying about politics having no role in medical information Web sites?

I wish you enlightenment.

Dr. Bob

Previous
raspose to "say no to propoganda...."
Next
General Blood Tests

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.