recent exposure and risk

Dr. Bob,

I need your advice desperately on whether I have contracted HIV recently and what I need to do. I saw an escort 8 days ago. We had protected sex with a condom, but there is worry here. After I came in the condom and withdrew from her, she took out the condom with a kleenex but as she was taking it out she wiped me off with the wet kleenex including the tip of my penis. I believe that the kleenex was wet with her vaginal fluids. In addition, I could see that there were vaginal fluids at the base of my penis. After the condom was off, I wiped off my penis with just water, and this may have distributed the vaginal fluid throughout the penis, including the tip. After a day, I started having a a mild fever (99 F)and nausea and just feeling out of it. After 3-4 days, the fever went away, but just yesterday I started having a sore throat. Dr. Bob, do you think I may have contracted the disease if she were HIV+? If so, is there anything I should take now, or just wait 3 months? Please Dr. Bob, I will make a huge contribution to your foundation. Thank you!

Worried John

Hello Worried John,

No, I do not think you contracted HIV from the activities you describe nor do your minimal symptoms suggest HIV. No action is warranted at this time. If you remain worried, an HIV test at the three-month mark should help put your mind at ease.

Stay safe. Stay well.

Dr Frascino - PLEASE - my case is EXTREMELY RARE and URGENT! Thanks
You are a Pearl Among Swine