Please help anxiety through the roof!

First off let me thank you for all the work you do its a great resource, and one i dearly thank you for.

Ok, let me tell you about my situation im nearly 20 years old, am heterosexual and have been sexually active since I was 14. In total Ive had sex with thre girls. My first was my girlfriend from 14 to 16 we had protected sex most of the time but did have unprotected sex on occassions (Stupid!), my second was at age 17, we had sex numerous times all protected(condoms), my third was in early january of this year, one night stand but protected.

I have been getting sick consistently for the last 3 to 4 years mainly with throat and mouth issue, infected tonsoles etc.

The HIV/AIDS topic has been in the back of my head for a few years now and when i got sick again! early this month i decided to get the test done (EIA),I was tested for HIV, Hep B and Hep C.

i can tell you now that the four days I had to wait were the most long and sleepless nights Ive ever had.

anyway the results came in on the saturday and to my suprise all negative! I was ecstatic!!!

However my doc also did some other routine tests CBC, B12, Folate, all clear aswell. your prob thinking where the bad news?

The test came back with viral antibodies of CMV IgG Posistive IgM Borderline. I also took a mouth swab which returned with light traces of candida albicins,

I was told to retest for both the CMV and Oral Thrush in 10 days time, which I did and with exactly the same results.

My docs pretty good and Ive been getting routine yearly CBC's since 2002 with no abnoramlitys, Platelets increase from 243(2002) to 263 (2005), Haemoglobin 146 to 150, RBC 5.01 to 4.92, WBC 5.8 to 5.8, Neut % 58 to 69, lymph 34 to 24, mono 6 to 5 eosin 2 to 1.

my Vitamin b12 420pmol/L and serum folate 16.5 nmol/L.

so theres no abnormalitys apart from CMV borderline and Oral thrush,

My question is I live in australia where HIV is pretty low but is still there and a state with a very low HIV 978 people diagnosed since 1985, 86% homsexual exposure, hetero sexual exposure low majority from high prevelance countries. My question if I can get to it(your Proberly Saying) is could i have a false negative result, I know enzyme immunoassay is very specific and 99% acuarate but ive read (thanks to your fantastic site) that it can occur With HIV 2 (although not widespread in Australia), with subtypes N and O or when a patient has AIDS,

My last experience was 9 months ago so i dont think the window period exception is relavent.

so thats my story Hopefully you can help a young chap from down under out.

So let me thank you in advance and congratualte you on all the work your doing on this site.

lastly how do I donate, I'm organising Donation for an aussie HIV/AIDS charity (decided to do so after the negative result) here but would like to donate to the body.com

Hello Aussie,

Your negative HIV EIA nine months after your last potential exposure is definitive and conclusive.

Is your result a false negative? No.

I would consider your CMV results essentially normal and reflective of past CMV infection, a very common situation having absolutely nothing to do with HIV/AIDS or opportunistic infections resulting from severe immunodeficiency. Your "light traces of Candida albicans" are also completely normal.

Bottom line: no worries, Mate! She'll be Apples!

Donation information for my foundation can be found on The Foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

G'day,

Donation & Thank You
I need a woo hoo from the good doc