Extremely worried and beyond the freaking out threshold
Sep 24, 2005
Dr. Bob, Thanks for everthing you do. In the while I have read the forums, you are a hero to many folks. OK, here goes. Yes, I kind of know your answer to this, and I know bits and pieces have been in the archives, and I know there wont be a Woo Hoo coming yet,(maybe a woo..??) but still have to ask. Have had about four or five encounters with sex workers in the past four months or so. All were latex condom protected encounters except for one unprotected oral for about 10-15 seconds (I never came) and about three or four kisses with some tongue (theirs not mine). The oral was a bit unexpected, she went from side of penis to head pretty quickly. Obviously, I don't know their status but as sex workers they are high risk. I know these activities are pretty low risk but after the unprotected oral, one day later, I have these Hiv symptoms. Heavy/sore armpits, sore groins, nausea, and what feels like sinus/throat redness for two weeks or so. Pretty scared to test, but will. Can these symptons happen in one day...and do they sound like ARS? Stress has been devestating the last few weeks, as well as guilt. Learned lesson and hope will get another chance. Convinced have it. So, what would you say the odds are? I know they arent binding, but still would like to hear from you. Would love to donate. What is the web address?
Scared in Ohio(sorry, the state went red by a few votes)
Response from Dr. Frascino
I'm in Ohio at the moment (visiting Cleveland's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and attending a function at my Alma matter, Oberlin College). I get the feeling Ohio has learned its lesson and won't be red when the next vote comes along.
Regarding your questions:
1. ARS symptoms do not appear within one day. It usually takes weeks.
2. Your "symptoms" are not suggestive of ARS.
3. "Devastating stress and guilt" is the most likely cause of your symptoms.
4. Your HIV risk (latex condom protected, except for 15 seconds of unprotected oral) is exceedingly slight. I see no cause for concern; however, if you remain worried, a test at the three-month mark would be definitive.
Thank you for your willingness to help those in need. The web address of my foundation is www.concertedeffort.org.
Good luck. Continue to enlighten those who voted red in Ohio, O.K.?
It's now obvious to almost everyone that Dubya is a fool, so let's make sure, as the song says, that "We won't get 'fooled' again!"
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Can I Use To Stop The Itching Of The Shingles?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Things That Look Like Herpes But Are Not
- Is There A Natural Way To Cure Hpv Genital Wart?
- Syphilis From Receiving Fellatio
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.