Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV positive
Sep 23, 2005

Hello. Doctor, I finally ruled out HIV, because everyone has been saying no one gets it through oral. So I put all my symptoms to rest and related them to stress. However... Stress doesn't cause everything.

Went to dermatologist for couple of red spots and was diagnosed with Folliculitis. Minor and only on the arms, It never responded to treatment and it keeps returning... he scared the shit out of me... said "do you have any risk for HIV?" my stress levels sky rocketed.

Later went to foot doc because I was working in construction and I got something on my feet (thought something went inside the feet and caused some bubbles) he said it is warts... extremely common in HIV people (only HIV people right). He said they were spreading accross the one feet and that it was suggestive of HIV.

Doctor, stress has been known to cause many things.. and believe me I know that... I experianced them. But stress sure can't cause these two chronic conditions that are not responding to treatment, medications, doctor visits... I continue to have both, and I had giving up on going to the doctors. I spend hundrands.

Please don't blame me for diagnosing my self HIV positive through oral sex and symptoms, but once a proffesional doctor tells you so, who do you have left to believe. I think they know what they are saying, right doc.

Won't get tested, cause I know I have it... Why do I know? ... I've never ever had warts or folliculitis in my life... I had a very strong immune system and this is suggestive of someone with a weak one. why had it now... what made me prone to it... just one day in construction and I get warts (doctor said it take months for them to appear from time of infection) therefore mine is suggastive of HIV.

Sorry for the long story doc. Please tell me if testing is warranted because there are some symptoms suggestive of HIV, and these are one of them. Or tell me if I need better doctors.

Thank you so much doctor, God bless you... donation on the way, and if I do indeed get tested and its negative I'll send you everything I have, God I hope that's true, because I'm sure I'm positive.

Thank you, Extremely stressed out guy

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Extremely-Stressed-Out Guy,

You are absolutely convinced you have contracted HIV from oral sex. I am absolutely convinced you did not and that you are HIV negative. Now how are we going to find out which one of us is correct???? Yep, HIV testing is warranted. The sooner you get it done, the sooner you'll realize all your anxiety was unwarranted. If you are a betting man, I'll even make you a wager!

Warts and folliculitis are extremely common conditions and the vast majority of cases have absolutely nothing to do with HIV!

Now stop stressing and go get tested. I'll be waiting to congratulate you on your negative status and will try very, very hard not to say, "I told you so!"

Good luck

Dr. Bob

Previous
a spanish Wooo Hooo
Next
can you please answer my question...dying over here!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.