Whats the possibility of a cure anytime soon?

hi doc,

ive asked you a couple of questions in the past and have been returning frequently to read your comments!

I hope you are well and still think what you do is amazing, ive just got a quick question doc! i was just curious... in your own personal opinion, how close do you think we are to a finding a cure for HIV?

Best wishes doc

HIV Phobe UK

Hello HIV-Phobe U.K.,

Although I remain one of the most optimistic people on the planet, I'm also a realist. A cure is still nowhere in sight. We have had and continue to have many promising leads. So far, none has panned out. Additional resources and a greater sense of urgency are needed to move the process along. Prevention and treatment remain key for the moment as we become more vocal and demand action on finding a cure. Watch for news reports related to the new advocacy movement, "Campaign to End AIDS."

Stay well. Get involved. Help to End AIDS!

How come so much HIV in the world?
Comment to Mr. Franscino, MD