Its me again, I am Positive!!!

Hello doc, went to the health clinic and got my final results and just as thought I was positive!!! I am totally losing it!!! I hagve some of the most severe panic attacks at times!! Now my main worry is how in the hell am I going to get treatment. I don't have a lick of insurance. Is there something out there for people such as myself? This could not have hit me at a worse time, I was already going through my problems with depression and now i've gone and got myself in this mess. I'm scared and I know allot of people go through this stage but i have not heard anyone mention insurance and possbly not being able to get treatment because of this. Help me please! I live in Miami and the lady at the clinic said a social worker would call but it's been 3 days and i'm scared. I've been staying with a friend and his wife because I am afraid to be myself. I'm sorry I can't furnish a contribution by card but I've been F'ing up my life for the last 2 years , but I can send a money order and will. I want to live!!!

I'm very sorry to hear that you have tested positive. I do understand what an emotional and psychological shock you are currently experiencing. A period of adjustment will be necessary for you to come to grips with your new reality.

My first suggestion is for you to read the information on this site pertaining to recent diagnosis. You can access that by clicking on the quick link labeled "Just Diagnosed" on The Body's home page.

Regarding further evaluation and treatment, there are services available in Miami. Your social worker should be a good resource for what's available. You should also contact the local AIDS service organizations. Programs such as ADAP (AIDS Drug Assistance Program) may be helpful if and when you need to start HIV medications.

Despite the chaos of your life at the moment, things really will get better. What seems overwhelming at the moment will become more manageable with time. I'm here if you need me. I've been HIV positive since January 1991. Let's get through this together, O.K.?

Can HIV status turn negative after years of celibacy
How come so much HIV in the world?