Can HIV status turn negative after years of celibacy

Hi Doc, my friend told me about this website. Thanks for the good work please keep it up and may God bless you. I'm happy but perplexed. In 1992/3 my father had constant malaria. eventually my aunties (his sisters) took him for an AIDS test and he was positive. (mummy never took the test)they tried to get medicine for him from abroad but he detoriated very quickly and by november 1994 he was dead. By 2001, two of our step mothers and their babies had also died from HIV related causes. Because my aunties knew of dads HIV status, they really struggled to keep mum healthy.(they never took care of my step mothers becaus ethey were not official) she has never had to work but they bought her a house because my dad had lost everything in debt to the bank. there is always food in the house and they give her all sorts of health shakes and supplements etc from the US and London. They really care for her. She also didn't have to worry about anything because my aunties put both me and my 9 siblings (including my half brother and sisters) through school. I was 16yrs when he died, I'm now 27, I finished university I got married and i have a child. Last month my mother got serious malaria and had to be put on drip she was hospitalised for 2 week for just malaria. we all got worried that the AIDS was now rearing its ugly head. My uncle is a senior army officer so he took her to the military hospital to sign up for free AIDS treatment. They did extensive test and found she was HIV negative!!!!!She had scanty malaria and her boold pressure was high but she was HIV negative. you might say Whew but I cannot explain the relief. You cannot imagine what it means to nurse a terminally ill parent in a third world country. I stopped school for a year at 16 to help mummy nurse our dad. I never want to go through it again. Qtn is. How come mum is negative. He had other wives but she was the main wife she says they were sexually active up to his death. Is it possible that because she has been celibate all these years and had no worries and eaten well that her status has gone back to negative. My step mothers relatives have accused her of witch craft but we are christians and we don't do those things of witch craft. I believe there is a medical explanation. What do you think it is

I do not believe in witchcraft either. I also do not believe your mother reverted from HIV positive to HIV negative. Rather, the most likely explanation is that she was never HIV positive. Not every HIV exposure leads to HIV transmission. In fact, the great majority do not! Consequently, even though your mother was exposed via unprotected sex to your HIV-positive father, she most likely did not contract the virus! This was very, very lucky and it's very good news indeed!

Home Test Kits - PLEASE answerest ki
Its me again, I am Positive!!!