Risk related to time of intercourse and size of penis?

Hey Doc: I am a HIV negative man who always practices safe sex and recently had a very upsetting thing happen to me. I was bottoming with a guy who had placed on a condom and he penetrated me from behind and was toping me for less than ten minuets when I checked the condom from behind me and it felt like he had broke the condom so it was still around his penisbut not covering his tip. I turned around to look and the guy covered his penis with his hands and wouldn't let me see the condom and quickly pulled it off. When I asked him why, he claimed he was close to orgasming. Later when we tried again, he tried to mount me from behind and I'm almost sure he intentionally broke it this time just before he tried to enter me so that he could bareback and still pretend to be wearing the condom. I immediately stopped the sex and left. I don't know if this guy is positive. and no I'm hoping and preying I don't have HIV. He didn't ejaculate in me and I don't know for how long he barebacked me or if at all. And, maybe I'm just grasping for straws here but he had a very small penisand I'm hoping that that would lessen the risk of infection in that there was less chance of tearing mucus membranes? Ofcourse, now I'm feeling sick and worried. Should I bother with Pep. I think I'm okaybut I am filled with dread that safe sex policy didn't serve me well this time. I never considered that anyone could be so inconsiderate as to break condoms on purpose. Help!

Your HIV risk worst-case scenario is receptive anal sex with a broken (intentionally or otherwise) condom, but without ejaculation, with a small-dicked guy of unknown HIV status. Consequently your risk would be very low, but not completely nonexistent, as we don't know if the condom was intact or not. Nor do we know the serostatus of your diminutive partner. With the limited information I have so far, I would not encourage PEP. However, I would recommend HIV testing at the three-month mark.

Regarding Mr. Mini-Dick's size, you ask if you are just grasping at straws. Hmmm . . . grasping at "straws"??? Wow, just how tiny was Tiny Tim anyway? Actually, his member's size (or lack thereof) really doesn't have any effect on how large your HIV risk (or his scumbag quotient) really is.

Good luck with your HIV test. I'll send my best good-luck karma.

Condoms with Spermicide's
window period: 40ft glass panel or porthole?