symptoms?

A little over two months ago, I had protected insertive oral at a massage parlor and managed to insert my finger into the worker's vagina during the process. The next day, I noticed that I had a small cut just underneath my fingernail that was in the process of healing on the insertive finger. I don't know whether the cut was "fresh" or not at the time of the contact. I freaked out pretty severely, and about 10 days later, developed muscle twithing all over my body, but primarily in my legs, that has continued since. I have also experienced loss of appetite and loose bowels pretty consistently. I've also had 2-3 occasions when I woke up in the middle of the night in a sweat. I came down with some kind of upper respiratory problem that involved coughing and lots of phlegm a couple of weeks ago, but that is all gone now. The muscle twitching, appetite, and bowel problems have been fairly consistent for the last several weeks, although there was a brief 3-day period where it all seemed to be gone after I returned from a vacation. Should I be extremely worried? I have been obsessing about this non-stop for the last 2 and 1/2 months, and I have a history of anxiety issues, so I figured that could be part of the problem. Based on everything I've read, it doesn't sound like ARS since the symptoms have persisted for so long, but I'm still freaked out. And I really wish my appetite would come back, as I am normally a voracious eater. I've also experienced sore/tired muscles at times, especially in the legs, and the muscle twitching sometimes seems worse immediately following exercise.

Thanks for all the wonderful work you do on this board. It is much appreciated. I'll be sending a donation your way.

"Muscle twithing all over my body?????" Hmmm . . . what's "twithing???" No matter.

Should you be "extremely worried???" No, of course not. I believe you are correct when you surmised your "anxiety issues" could be the real cause of symptoms. Although based on what you have told me, I do not feel HIV testing is necessary or warranted to evaluate a potential HIV exposure. If you remain obsessed and excessively worried, you could get tested at the three-month mark to calm your fears and put your mind at ease. You should also consider counseling to help with your underlying anxiety issues. Your symptoms are consistent with anxiety, not HIV ARS.

Thank you for your donation. Helping others in desperate need is an excellent way to help keep our own problems (or potential problems) in their proper perspective.

Good luck!!!

indeterminate test result
Can I sleep now? Please answer me, really desperate!