Golden Shower Urine Drinking
Sep 22, 2005
I've heard that urine does not contain the HIV virus. Is this true? Can one become HIV positive by drinking the urine of an infected person?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Urine is a sterile fluid. That means it does not contain germs such as bacteria or viruses, unless the person has a urinary tract infection.
Golden showers and/or ingestion of urine from an HIV-positive person would not be a risk for HIV transmission.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is White Spots A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Can I Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Herpes After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tiredness After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.