Will you be adding a 'Fear Of Bush' forum??

Dear Dr bob,

My sincerest gratitude for the work that you do here. Many people in the window period do not have access to reliable and competent medical opinion in the face of this crippling and irrational fear of HIV.

I would like to add that I share your opinion on the immorality and greed of the Bush administration. Not only have they bought their way into power, but their policies seem to defy common sense and established scientific truths. It is truly sad.

I would greatly appreciate your risk assessment for a totally stupid one-time encounter with a massage parlour worker. I am otherwise sexually inactive. I am also uncircumcised. Activities involved body to body rubbing, massage (while she sat on my back), and masturbation (Because I thought these activities were safe). I do not believe there was any exchange of bodily fluids with her, as I did not intentionally make contact with her vagina at any time. I know that these are considered very low risk activities. However, some minutes before I visited her, she was entertaining another client. Who knows what they were doing in there.he could have showered her with half a months worth of cum for all I know :-). Although it seemed fairly dry, I am assuming that possibly infected semen from this client could have been present on the surface of her skin. In your opinion, what are the chances that this could have been transferred to my/her hands and then onto my penis for infection? This may sound ridiculous, but my symptoms are driving me close to insane.

2 Days after possible exposure, I began experiencing slight dizziness on and off. 3 days after exposure, mild muscle aches and loose watery stools set in. 1 Week after exposure, severe indigestion and slight nausea, which has settled to mild indigestion to the present day. I also experienced a greater amount of sweating, especially during the day. Approximately 2 weeks after exposure, mild joint pains and slightly blurry vision. The blurry vision subsided after a few weeks. I have noticed a tongue colour whiter than usual, that also occurs on and off. 1 week after exposure, I also experienced mild chills and felt slightly feverish. However, I have not experienced fatigue at any time. I do not believe that I have swollen glands, although I have been experiencing some shooting pains in my armpits and groin. My doctor gave me 3 injections of accelerated Hepatitis vaccine, the first one of which was 2 weeks after the encounter. Blood test at this time also showed a normal white cell count, but a slightly low Calcium reading. It is now nearly 10 weeks post exposure and persistent symptoms are as follows. I still am experiencing mild dizziness (10 weeks), loose watery stools (once a day on average has been present for 10 weeks now), weight loss (no loss, in fact a slight increase in appetite), occasional shooting pains in my armpits and a greater amount of sweating than usual during the day.

I am going for a test at the 81 day mark (hope this is ok?) for HIV and Hepatitis B and C. I suppose like the others on this site, I just need a boost and some reassurance for this dreaded event. Hopefully Ill be Woo-Hoo-ing before long?

Greatest source of worry/confusion: I obviously have some kind of pathogen in my system. If it is a common airborne virus or something, why hasnt anyone else around me caught it from me in 10 weeks??!!!???

Greatest respect for Science, the work you do and for yourself as a person. I will be making a donation to your foundation.

Hello, Yes, I think the nation is finally waking up to what the world realized some time ago Dubya likes to be in his bubble where he can clutch his feather pillow and, with a deadly mixture of arrogance and incompetence, refuse to face the reality of his screw-ups from phantom WMD, torture at Abu Ghraib and Gitmo, to miscalculations on the Iraq occupation and insurgency. So even though he is being aggressively prepped like a boy for a second crack at a failed exam as he heads back to New Orleans to try to minimize the political fallout form the latest debacle, I feel he won't find a "bullhorn moment," like he did in NYC. He's now drowning in his own flood of ineptitude. Now, regarding your concerns, I would assess your risk as nonexistent. Even if the stud muffin before you gave the masseuse an impressive pearl necklace, there is no feasible way you could transfer the previous dude's spunk onto your Mr. Happy, thereby becoming HIV infected. No how, no way! Your symptoms slight dizziness, aches, indigestion, etc. are not suggestive of HIV or any other "pathogen". Rather, they are quite classic for anxiety. Your three-month test will unquestionably be negative. (Personally, I would not even say testing was warranted in the first place, as your risk is nonexistent). Yes, you'll be WOO-HOOing very soon. Thanks for your willingness to help others in need. (www.concertedeffort.org) Doing so is a very good way to rack up excellent cosmic karma with the higher powers. Bush's cosmic karma is now haunting him . . . . Stay well. Dr. Bob

hiv and non hogdkin's lymphoma
Asking how you are